Friday, June 23, 2017

Review: MAYBELLINE, COLOURETTE, AND REVLON LIPPIES!

Hi, guys! It might seem unusual but I honestly don't like hoarding lip products. I want to keep my stash as minimal as possible. That's why when I realized I have 5 of them, I was a little bit overwhelmed HAHAHA! I don't usually like bold colors since my go-to palette is the nude palette. I made an exception for a bold and rich red color from Maybelline solely just for making authentic gradient lip looks. 

Note: Some of these products were given to me. Tbh most of the make up products I use are given to me by relatives HAHAHA

Anyway, let's get started!
These lippies are all available at your leading department stores!


Packaging:
Maybelline Velvet Matte Lip Color Mat 12 
Bought this one for 350 PhP
Thoughts:
I'm actually 50-50 on this one. I like the shade. However, it comes off a little too peachy for me sometimes. I do like the natural finish it gives. It gives you this healthy hydrated lip look. It's not exactly matte. But that makes sense since it only claims to be Velvet Matte. It feels like a buttery kind of matte which I do not mind at all. It's a good product but I would not repurchase it even in a different shade.

Rating: 4/5



Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick Rich Ruby 691
Bought this one for 200 PhP
Thoughts:
This one's good! If I finish this one, I'd probably repurchase it. However, I don't think I will since I only use a minimal amount of this product for my lip gradient looks. Although this one's a steal, I'd have to say that it's not as strong as it looks. Mine broke! But yes, I can still work with it. I just wish that it would be more sturdy next time around. It's exactly creamy matte. It doesn't dry up my lips as well, but I would advice for you to use a lip balm for before applying this.

Rating: 5/5
Colurette Lipstick in Bethany
Bought this one for 400+ PhP
Thoughts:
Okay! This, by far, has got to be one of my favorites! This lippie works as a lip balm too! It hydrates my lips and still looks creamy and matte. Perfect for a go-to nude lippie. It smells like some sort of pastry from a bakeshop. I honestly wanted to just eat it at times HAHAHAHA Although the performance is amazing (Shade, Finish, Hydration, etc.) I would probably not repurchase this for the sole reason that it's just too pricey for me. I'd rather find dupes of this from Maybelline's Creamy/Powder Matte line.

Rating: 5/5

S W A T C H E S:

REVLOOOOOOOON 



Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick & Lipcolor in Rouge à Lèvres and Rouge à Lèvres Liquide 

S W A T C H E S:
(From top to bottom)
Rogue Rouge à Lèvres and Rouge à Lèvres Liquide 

Thoughts:
I don't know the exact price because I only got these from my relatives. (I'm sorry huhu) But I checked it out online and saw that Lazada's selling it for 1,650 PhP (yoko na bes). Anyway, I had high hopes for these because it's Revlon (and LOL THE PRICE). However, it just became too matte for my lips! It came to the point where it just dries up completely and cracks. It did not work out for me. I don't know what my aunt does, but whenever she wears this, it seems to look fine! I have no idea if it depends on the skin type or what but unfortunately :((((( it did not work for me. Plus, it has a strong nail polish scent (or maybe that's just me). I think this would work just fine for people with thin lips, though. 

Rating: 2/5


So there you have it, guys! I'll update this post if I'll receive new lip products from my relatives ('cause I probably won't buy another one soon. Yoko na HAHAHAHA).

Thank you for your time! Until my next review!
-Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment